Overnight full-time position, 8 hour shifts, every third weekend (12 hour shifts).
The Resident Assistant/HHA provides personal care and designated health related services designed to maintain the client or resident’s physical and emotional well-being. The Resident Assistant/HHA will work with residents in the assisted living as well as clients in home care setting which can require travel to up to 25 miles (will receive reimbursement).
Duties / Responsibilities
- Assists the client/resident with personal cares and activities as written on the care/service plan such as bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, mobility devices, medication assistance and ambulation.
- May assist with other tasks such as range of motion exercises, simple dressing changes and others as directed by the supervising registered nurse.
- Assists with homemaking and laundry
- Performs treatments as discussed under the standards for unlicensed personnel and per individualized care/service plan.
- Observes clients/residents and reports any changes in physical conditions, attitude, reaction, appetite, etc. to supervising nurse.
- Will be scheduled a weekend rotation at the assisted living facility
- Will be assigned weekly shifts at the assisted living facility
- Will be scheduled shifts to see home health clients in home setting
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education / Experience
- CNA is preferred.
- Successfully completed a nurse aide training and competency evaluation program approved by the state and is currently listed in good standing on the MN state nurse aide registry.
- Or, successfully completed a training and competency evaluation program for home health aides as well as for unlicensed personnel in an assisted living, which includes classroom and supervised practical training.
- Must receive at least 12 hours of in-service training during each 12 month period.
- Must have a valid Minnesota Driver’s License.
- Must have a reliable transportation to travel to clients’ home, and proof of car insurance.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with client/resident, family, and staff members.
- Must be able to demonstrate efficiency, motivation and competency in skills assigned.
- Possess good judgement and the ability to make appropriate decisions.
Benefits available include Health, Dental, Vision, Basic & Voluntary Life/AD&D, Short-Term Disability, Matching Retirement Plan, Generous discounts on health services, Tuition assistance, etc.