Physical Therapy With Big Stone Therapies
Physical therapy is the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases, movement dysfunction, or injury by the use of therapeutic exercise, manual therapy and functional training. Physical therapists work with a wide variety of patients from infants born with musculoskeletal birth defects, to adults suffering from the after effects of injury, to elderly post-stroke patients.
Madison Healthcare Services works directly with Big Stone Therapies to provide quality, full-service therapy to patients.
Types of Physical Therapy
- Outpatient Physical Therapy is for someone who is treated at a hospital or clinic but does not stay overnight.
- Long Term Care is providing services for residents in skilled nursing facilities.
- Geriatric physical therapy is concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease in older people and the problems specific to aging.
- Pediatric physical therapy provides services for newborns and infants and children who possess any musculoskeletal deficits.
- Home health physical therapy is an array of therapy services provided directly in the home under medical and nursing direction and supervision.
- Sports physical therapy is the area concerned with physical fitness and the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of injuries sustained in sports or exercise including concussion. The aim of sports therapy rehabilitation is to facilitate the safe return of the athlete to training and competition at as high a standard and as quickly as the specific priorities of the athlete determines.
- Hospital/Acute Care inpatient physical therapy is a level of health care which occurs in a hospital setting.
- Orthopedic physical therapy is the branch of therapy broadly concerned with the skeletal system (bones).
- Balance & Falls Training is available to teach how to avoid falls. It includes tips on balance training for the elderly.
- Aquatic physical therapy is a therapeutic procedure which attempts to improve function through the application of aquatic therapeutic exercises.
- Women’s Health & Pelvic Floor Techniques
- Pain Management
- Graston Technique
Contact your healthcare provider with questions about your therapy needs.