The Madison Healthcare Services business office staff are trained in insurance and billing information to assist you with your billing needs.
We will be glad to answer your questions. Please call us at 320.598.7551 and ask to be connected to our financial services department.
• Automatic bank withdrawals
• Credit card payments
• Charity care applications click here
• Finance charges
• Payment arrangements
• Itemized bill (upon request)
Full payment is due and payable upon the receipt of the first statement. Payment plans may be approved by a Billing Representative for patients unable to pay in one installment.
Madison Healthcare Services may refer accounts to a collection agency if the patient is unwilling to make acceptable payment arrangements or has defaulted on an established payment plan.
• Hospital charges are the amount a hospital bills an insurer for a service. For most patients, hospitals are reimbursed at a level well below charges. Patients covered by commercial insurance products have negotiated rates with hospitals. Patients covered by Medicare or Medicaid programs have hospital reimbursement rates determined by federal and state governments.
• Hospital charges may include bundled procedures, personnel, services, and supplies. An example would be room rates that include the space, equipment, nursing personnel and supplies.
• When a patient has the opportunity to shop for medical services, he or she should contact his or her own insurance carrier to understand which costs will be covered and which will be the patient’s responsibility.
• Patients should contact the hospital directly for any further details. Information on Current/Standard Hospital Charges
Information on Current/Standard Hospital Charges
The No Surprises Act also enables uninsured patients to receive a good faith estimate of the cost of care.