Occupational Therapy Programs With Big Stone Therapies
Occupational therapy is a health profession whose goal is to help people achieve independence, meaning and satisfaction in all aspects of their lives, through the use of cognitive training, therapeutic exercise, ADL skill training and functional training.
Madison Healthcare Services works directly with Big Stone Therapies to provide quality, full-service occupational therapy to patients.
Types of Occupational Therapy
- Geriatric therapy is the branch of medicine concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease in the elderly and the problems specific to aging.
- Hand therapy is the art and science of rehabilitation of the upper extremity. Hand therapy is a specialized area of occupational therapy, which requires further training in the area of hand and upper limb rehabilitation (either through a post-graduate degree or further educational courses). Hand therapists have skills in the fabrication of custom made splinting, provision of adaptive aids and equipment, psychological intervention / counseling, facilitating return to work issues, and assisting the patient to return to normal day to day activities.
- Pediatric occupational therapy is concerned with the health of infants, children and adolescents, their growth and development, and their opportunity to achieve full potential as adults including sensory integration.
- Home Health Care an array of services provided directly in the home under medical and nursing direction and supervision.
- Hospital Acute Care is a level of health care in which a patient is treated for a brief but severe episode of illness, for conditions that are the result of disease or trauma, and during recovery from surgery.
- Long Term Care is a blanket term for a wide range of therapy services that are designed to meet medical, personal and social needs in a variety of settings and locations.
- Home assessments & adaptive equipment fittings
- Wheel chair fittings
- Outpatient Therapy Care
- Graston Technique