Full-time. 80 hours/pay period (every two weeks), day shift, rotating weekend work, rotating call for nights, weekends and holidays. -$9,000 sign-on bonus for Full time position paid out in increments. *New Grads welcome!!*
This position will be responsible for accurately performing routine laboratory testing in accordance with protocols established by Madison Healthcare Services. You’ll use professional judgment and have an in-depth knowledge of laboratory techniques, scientific principles, quality control and instrument maintenance.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Proficient and efficient in performing complex clinical procedures as assigned under supervision
- Accurately performs and identifies problems with QC and QA and takes measures to correct
- Effectively performs assigned preventive maintenance on equipment
- Willingly performs and consistently completes team assignments and other duties as assigned
- Consistently communicates effectively
- Abides by laboratory and hospital policies without exception
- Positively responds to and implements change
- Proficiently completes assigned computer-related duties
Education / Experience
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited two (2) year Medical Laboratory Technician Program.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Must have or ability to acquire ASCP certification within 6 months of hire
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to follow established procedures
- Must be able to work well independently
- Keen attention to detail and exceptional follow through skills
- New grads welcome!
Benefits available include Dental, Vision, Basic & Voluntary Life/AD&D, Short-Term Disability, Matching Retirement Plan, Generous discounts on health services, etc.