Full-time. 70 hours/pay period (every two weeks), day shift, rotating weekend work, rotating call for nights, weekends and holidays.
This position will be responsible for accurately performing routine laboratory testing in accordance with protocols established by Madison Healthcare Services. You’ll use professional judgment and have an in-depth knowledge of laboratory techniques, scientific principles, quality control and instrument maintenance.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Proficient and efficient in performing complex clinical procedures as assigned under supervision
- Accurately performs and identifies problems with QC and QA and takes measures to correct
- Effectively performs assigned preventive maintenance on equipment
- Willingly performs and consistently completes team assignments and other duties as assigned
- Consistently communicates effectively
- Abides by laboratory and hospital policies without exception
- Positively responds to and implements change
- Proficiently completes assigned computer-related duties
Education / Experience
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited two (2) year Medical Laboratory Technician Program.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Must have or ability to acquire ASCP certification within 6 months of hire
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to follow established procedures
- Must be able to work well independently
- Keen attention to detail and exceptional follow through skills
- Experience preferred, but not required
Benefits available include Dental, Vision, Basic & Voluntary Life/AD&D, Short-Term Disability, Matching Retirement Plan, Generous discounts on health services, etc.