Locations: Madison Healthcare Services
64 hours per pay period (every two weeks), weekend and holiday rotations
Our Housekeeper/Laundry Aides are responsible for maintaining an orderly, clean, sanitary facility. These team members provide & maintain a pleasant living environment for residents, patients, & families and an organized, safe working environment for staff.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Responsible for cleaning all areas of the facility and maintaining a high standard of appearance, sanitation and safety throughout all areas of the facility.
- Sanitation responsibilities include activities like mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, sanitizing, disinfecting, polishing, etc.
- Cleaning, disinfection, and preparation of resident/patient rooms and furniture.
- Maintaining the sanitation, cleanliness and appearance of public areas such as hallways, restrooms, waiting rooms, meeting rooms and staff areas.
- Knowledge of operation of cleaning machines such as vacuums and floor scrubbers.
- Uses cleaning chemicals according to the manufacturers’ directions for use, labeling, storage and cleanup.
- Restocks supplies including but not limited to hand soap, towels in dispensers, toilet paper, etc.
- Practices good work safety procedures by wearing personal protective equipment/PPE, such as gloves, splash shields, and/or gowns as directed and pertinent to OSHA guidelines and safe work practices.
Education / Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous housekeeping/laundry experience preferred
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility
Benefits available include Health, Dental, Vision, Basic & Voluntary Life/AD&D, Short-Term Disability, Matching Retirement Plan, Generous discounts on health services, Tuition assistance, etc.
Madison Healthcare Services is an Equal Opportunity Provider & Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.