Full time 64 hours per pay period and Part Time- 36 hours per pay period (every two weeks) available. Weekend & holiday rotation. Casual positions open as well.
The Home Health Aide provides personal care and designated health related services designed to maintain the client’s physical and emotional well-being. The Home Health Aide will see clients at the housing with services establishment and in the community, which can require travel to up to 25 miles (will receive reimbursement).
Duties / Responsibilities
- Assists the client with personal cares and activities as written on the care plan, i.e. range of motion exercises, simple dressing changes and others as directed by the supervising registered nurse.
- Assists in a program of rehabilitation nursing to help each client reach and maintain their highest level of performance and independence.
- Performs treatments as discussed under the standards for Home Health Aides and per individualized care plan.
- Observes clients and reports any changes in physical conditions, attitude, reaction, appetite, etc. to supervising nurse.
- Assists clients with medication that are normally self-administered.
- Assists clients with cleaning and laundry.
- Confers with other health team members on an informal basis regarding the client’s need and problems, and participates as requested formally in care conferences.
- Maintains confidentiality of client’s information.
- Knows and practices good safety habits.
- Attends continuing educations per calendar year, i.e. in services and community education programs.
- Will be scheduled a weekend rotation at housing with services establishment (Hilltop).
- Will be assigned shifts at housing with services during the week in addition to community clients.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- New and Improved Pay Scale!
Education / Experience
- Successfully completed a nurse aide training and competency evaluation program approved by the state and is currently listed in good standing on the MN state nurse aide registry OR successfully completed a training and competency evaluation program for home health aides, which includes classroom and supervised practical training with a total of at least 75 hours.
- Must have a valid Minnesota Driver’s License.
- Must have a reliable transportation to travel to clients’ home, and proof of car insurance.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with client, family and home care staff members.
- Must be able to demonstrate efficiency, motivation and competency in skills assigned.
- Possess good judgement and the ability to make appropriate decisions.
Benefits available include Health, Dental, Vision, Basic & Voluntary Life/AD&D, Short-Term Disability, Matching Retirement Plan, Generous discounts on health services, Tuition assistance, etc.
Madison Healthcare Services is an Equal Opportunity Provider & Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.