Locations: Dietary Department
Madison Healthcare Services is currently seeking full-time and part-time Dietary Aides
4 to 8 hour shifts, every other weekend and rotating holidays.
The Dietary Aide performs a variety of tasks related to meal preparation, serving and clean up according to Dietary Department work assignments.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Meal service
- Assists in preparation and service of meals. May dish salads and desserts, prepare vegetables and beverages and assist in meal production.
- Assists in tray assembly, tray/cart delivery, dining room service and clean up.
- Assists in between meal nourishment preparation, service and clean up.
- May assist in receiving and storage of food supplies.
- Assists in dismantling trays and washing dishes following meals.
- Assists in pot and pan washing during shift.
- Assists in cleaning of dietary department: i.e.: sweeping and mopping floors, emptying garbage, etc.
- Sanitation and Safety.
- Uses proper food handling techniques.
- Maintains a clean working environment.
- Follows proper procedures for safe operation and care of equipment.
- Completes assigned cleaning duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience
- Food service experience beneficial
- On the job training and orientation provided
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Must be able to read, write and speak English and follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to communicate and develop positive rapport with all residents, employees, etc.
- Willingness to adhere to all organization policies and procedures.
- Possess good judgment and the ability to make appropriate decisions.
- Must demonstrate an ability to stand, stoop, bend freely ambulate, lift , pull, push, carry, see, hear, and possess gross and fine motor skills, climb and be emotionally capable of performing position responsibilities.
- Must be able to withstand temperature extremes from dish washing area to food storage areas.
- Must be able to work with hazards typical of an institutional kitchen such as burns, cuts, falls and scalds. Will receive training on safe practices and procedures, care and operation of equipment.