Locations: Care Center
Madison Healthcare Services’ Care Center is currently seeking full time day shift and full time overnight Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team.
Full-time 12 hour day and night shift, every 3rd weekend and rotating holidays
The LPN/RN organizes the provision of nursing care to residents according to required nursing standards and protocol. The LPN/RN delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel based upon their qualifications. This position requires a high level of customer services skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with residents, co-workers and others.
- Observes, monitors, and reports changes in residents’ conditions to immediate supervisor, physician, family or designated person in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Performs medical treatments, procedures, and medication administration with accurate documentation and according to care plan and department policies and procedures.
- Assists residents with personal care needs.
- Follows verbal orders from residents’ health care practitioner and documents accurately and promptly.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake/output as directed. Provides nursing care as outlined in patient care plan.
- Assists residents with the use of hearing aids, glasses, walkers, wheelchairs, and other assistive and safety devices.
- Makes nursing rounds according to resident’s needs.
- Performs proper body mechanics when transporting or assisting residents, or helping nursing staff to reposition residents.
- Hands-off communication and shift report; support the continuity of care and is clear and concise in nature.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Experience is preferred but not required. New grads are encouraged to apply!
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Knowledge of current principles and techniques of nursing practice.
- Ability to function as a team leader, to accept individual responsibility and accountability for decisions and outcomes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, personnel and physicians.
- Recognizes the legal limits of nursing practice.
- Maintains professional competency through continuing education and independent study.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the public.
- Ability to manage time effectively & efficiently.
- Must be able to perform the duties of a nursing assistant and available to assist if necessary.
- Must be able to prioritize appropriately and accomplish a large quantity of work with a high degree of efficiency.
- Must possess a desire to work with geriatric population, infirmed, and handicapped persons.
Benefits available include Health, Dental, Vision, Basic & Voluntary Life/AD&D, Short-Term Disability, Matching Retirement Plan, Generous discounts on health services, Tuition assistance, etc.