Locations: Care Center
Madison Healthcare Services’ Care Center is currently seeking full time day shift and full & part time- PM shift nurse.
Full-time 8 or 12 hour day (72 or 64 hours per pay period) & 8 hour evening PM shift (64 hours & 48 hours per pay period). 8 hour shifts work every other weekend, 12 hour shifts work every third. $9,000 sign-on bonus for Full time (60+ hours per pay period) paid out in increments
The LPN/RN organizes the provision of nursing care to residents according to required nursing standards and protocol. The LPN/RN delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel based upon their qualifications. This position requires a high level of customer services skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with residents, co-workers and others.
- Observes, monitors, and reports changes in residents’ conditions to immediate supervisor, physician, family or designated person in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Performs medical treatments, procedures, and medication administration with accurate documentation and according to care plan and department policies and procedures.
- Assists residents with personal care needs.
- Follows verbal orders from residents’ health care practitioner and documents accurately and promptly.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake/output as directed. Provides nursing care as outlined in patient care plan.
- Assists residents with the use of hearing aids, glasses, walkers, wheelchairs, and other assistive and safety devices.
- Makes nursing rounds according to resident’s needs.
- Performs proper body mechanics when transporting or assisting residents, or helping nursing staff to reposition residents.
- Hands-off communication and shift report; support the continuity of care and is clear and concise in nature.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Experience is preferred but not required. New grads are encouraged to apply!
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Knowledge of current principles and techniques of nursing practice.
- Ability to function as a team leader, to accept individual responsibility and accountability for decisions and outcomes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, personnel and physicians.
- Recognizes the legal limits of nursing practice.
- Maintains professional competency through continuing education and independent study.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the public.
- Ability to manage time effectively & efficiently.
- Must be able to perform the duties of a nursing assistant and available to assist if necessary.
- Must be able to prioritize appropriately and accomplish a large quantity of work with a high degree of efficiency.
- Must possess a desire to work with geriatric population, infirmed, and handicapped persons.
Benefits available include Health, Dental, Vision, Basic & Voluntary Life/AD&D, Short-Term Disability, Matching Retirement Plan, Generous discounts on health services, Tuition assistance, etc.
Elevate Your Career, Erase Your Debt: $24,000 Student Loan Forgiveness Awaits You at the Madison Healthcare Services Care Center. Long Term Care RN or LPN’s are eligible for up to $24,000 in direct student loan forgiveness from the State of Minnesota just for working at eligible facilities like Madison Healthcare Services. We’ll guide you through the process so you can focus more on caring and less on paperwork. Call us today to see how Madison Healthcare Services can elevate your career today!